- Transition Group Formed by IASB and FASB to Address Revenue Recognition
July 31, 2013 - Russell Golden, FASB Chairman, indicates that the purpose of the group will be to help resolve any issues of diversity that may arise as companies and other entities move toward implementing the final revenue recognition standard. (AccountingToday)
- Russell Golden, Recently-Appointed FASB Chairman, Discusses Entity’s Present Role in Shaping U.S. and International Standards
July 29, 2013 - The Chairman talks about a new collaboration between FASB and IASB and outlines approach and progress in a number of projects related to convergence, leasing, revenue recognition, insurance and codification. (AccountingToday)
- Conceptual Framework Revision Comments Sought by IASB
July 24, 2013 - Hans Hoogervorst, IASB Chairman, explains in a news release that comments are being solicited in regards to a proposed revision of the conceptual framework for financial reporting, a framework which affects all IFRS that are developed. (Journal of Accountancy)
- FEI Canada publishes study of transition costs from Canadian GAAP to IFRS
July 17, 2013 - FEI Canada published the findings of its research into the costs borne by Canadian companies in their transition from Canadian GAAP to IFRS. The research was jointly funded by the Canadian Accounting Standards Oversight Council and the IFRS Foundation. (IFRS.org)
- IFRS for SMEs Fact Sheet has been updated
July 10, 2013 - The Fact Sheet on the IFRS for SMEs which summarizes activities since the IFRS for SMEs was issued has been updated. (IFRS.org)
- Speech by Hans Hoogervorst: 'Breaking the boilerplate'
June 27, 2013 - In a speech to the IFRS Conference in Amsterdam, Hans Hoogervorst, Chairman of the IASB set out a 10-point plan to tackle the use of boilerplate text in financial reporting disclosures. (IFRS.org)
- IASB publishes Guide for Micro-sized Entities Applying the IFRS for SMEs (2009)
June 27, 2013 - The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) today issued guidance to help micro-sized entities apply the IFRS for Small and Medium-sized Entities (IFRS for SMEs). (IFRS.org)
- New translations available in Arabic and Brazilian Portuguese
April 2, 2013 - The IFRS Foundation is pleased to announce the publication of the following translations:
• Arabic translation of the 2012 International Financial Reporting Standards (Red Book).
• Brazilian Portuguese translation of the 2012 International Financial Reporting Standards (Red Book). (IFRS.org)
- March IFRS for SMEs Update published
March 29, 2013 - The March 2013 IFRS for SMEs Update has been published. (IFRS.org)
- IASB proposes simplified accounting for certain defined benefit contributions
March 25, 2013 An International Accounting Standards Board proposal would simplify accounting for contributions to defined-benefit plans under IAS 19, Employee Benefits. It provides an alternative when contributions payable in a particular period are linked just to the employee's service provided during that period. Comments are to be made by July 25. (Journal of Accountancy)
- FASB among 12 participants in IASB advisory forum
March 19, 2013 - The Financial Accounting Standards Board is one of 12 standard setters from around the world that will serve as an inaugural member of an accounting advisory group. The Accounting Standards Advisory Forum will provide technical advice to the International Accounting Standards Board (Journal of Accountancy)
- 2013 IFRS (Red Book)—now available
March 12, 2013 - The IFRS Foundation is pleased to announce that the 2013 International Financial Reporting Standards (Red Book) is now available. (IFRS.org)
- Kabureck’s Appointment to IASB Helps Assure Significant Representation on the Board by the U.S.
Kabureck’s Appointment to IASB Helps Assure Significant Representation on the Board by the U.S.
- IFRS Foundation Overseer Finalizes Membership Criteria
March 1, 2013 - IFRS Foundation’s Monitoring Board has chosen Masamichi Kono as its Chairman and has instituted a new approach to its membership criteria assessment, which will allow for greater participation of expanding markets. (AccountingToday)
- February IFRS for SMEs Update published
March 4, 2013 - The February 2013 IFRS for SMEs Update has been published. (IFRS.org)
- Trustees publish revised version of the IFRS Foundation Due Process Handbook
February 18, 2013 - The Trustees of the IFRS Foundation, responsible for the governance and oversight of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB), have published an updated version of the IFRS Foundation Due Process Handbook. (IFRS.org)
- IFRS Foundation seeks candidates to fill Trustees vacancies
February 7, 2013 - The IFRS Foundation seeks candidates to fill Trustees vacancies that will become available in July 2013 and January 2014. It is seeking Trustees from Asia-Oceania, South America and an “At Large” position. (IFRS.org)
- Webcast on proposed IFRS taxonomy 2013
February 7, 2013 - Webcast on the proposed IFRS taxonomy 2013 recording is now available. (IFRS.org)
- Applications invited for IFRS Interpretations Committee vacancies
February 7, 2013 - The Trustees of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) Foundation invite applications from suitable candidates to fill up to four vacancies on the IFRS Interpretations Committee. (IFRS.org)
- UK’s Financial Reporting Council Has Joined Other European Standard Setters to Focus on IASB’s IFRS Framework
February 7, 2013 - Its goal, along with that of its counterparts, is to ensure that the views of the European stakeholders are adequately taken into consideration. (Economia)
- IFRS Foundation publishes free teaching material
January 30, 2013 - The IFRS Foundation today published the first part of its Education Initiative’s comprehensive Framework-based IFRS teaching material. (IFRS.org)
- IFRS Foundation Changes Initial Requirements for Global Forum
February 1, 2013 - Participation in the recently-formed Accounting Standards Advisory Forum may now be accessible to FASB, with the IFRS Foundation no longer upholding the prerequisite that potential members promote the adoption of IFRS. (Journal of Accountancy)
- IFRS Foundation invites nominations for membership of the Accounting Standards Advisory Forum and publishes feedback statement following public consultation on creation of the ASAF
February 1, 2013 - The IFRS Foundation has today issued a Call for Candidates, inviting nominations for membership of the Accounting Standards Advisory Forum (ASAF). (IFRS.org)
- Trustees appoint Darrel Scott as Chairman of the SMEIG
The IFRS Foundation Trustees have approved the appointment of IASB member Darrel Scott as Chairman of the SME Implementation Group (SMEIG), replacing Paul Pacter, whose term at the IASB ended on 31 December 2012. (IFRS.org)
- Speech by Hans Hoogervorst, Cass Business School, January 2013: 'The search for consistency in financial reporting'
On 17 January 2013, Hans Hoogervorst, IASB Chairman, delivered a speech entitled “The search for consistency in financial reporting” at a Centre for Financial Analysis and Reporting Research (CeFARR) briefing held at Cass Business School in London. (IFRS.org)
- IASCF Issues IASB Governance Restructuring Proposal
- The International Accounting Standards Committee Foundation, the governing body of the London-based International Accounting Standards Board, issued a proposal to broaden the board’s membership and establish a new international regulatory and institutional panel to monitor development of global accounting standards.
- About the IASB
- The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) is an independent, privately-funded accounting standard-setter based in London, UK.
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs), International Accounting Standards (IASs) and Interpretations summaries