Boards, Audit Committees & Investors
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) — an AICPA Backgrounder
- The growing acceptance of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as a basis for U.S. financial reporting represents a fundamental change for the U.S. accounting profession.
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) — Questions and Answers
- Questions and answers developed by American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- November 29, 2011
- Possible Ramifications for Investors of Switch from GAAP to IFRS Discussed
- Three thinkers in the financial field give their opinions of pros and cons of moving from GAAP to IFRS. (Fox Business)
- March 2, 2011
- Audit Committee Preparations for IFRS
- Smart Business interviewed Wayne Williams, an audit partner with Crowe Horwath LLP, about how audit committees and executives should prepare for a possible transition to IFRS. (sbnonline.com)
- February 22, 2010
- Deloitte Issues IFRS Publication for Boards and Audit Committees
- Deloitte's publication titled IFRS: What should boards and audit committees be considering now? offers an overview of IFRS for boards and audit committees.
- January 27, 2010
- Deloitte Report Recommends Creating Judgment Framework
- The report focuses on how a judgment framework can help remove biases in financial decision making. (PR Newswire)
- June 2009
- IFRS Primer for Audit Committees
- The globalization of business and finance has led more than 12,000 companies in almost a hundred countries to adopt IFRS.
The convergence of US GAAP with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for US companies seems increasingly likely. Audit Committees should anticipate this significant change and inquire of the CEO and CFO as to the readiness of the company, and their implementation plan for moving to IFRS if/when required by the SEC.
- February 23, 2009
- Survey: IFRS will Make Markets More Attractive to Foreign Investors
A KPMG survey shows that 65% of investment executives and analysts surveyed expect U.S. adoption of IFRS will make U.S. capital markets more attractive to foreign investors. WebCPA reports on the survey.
- December 2008
- Experts Answer Questions About IFRS
Experienced practitioners share views on early-adopter advantages, the potential demand for early adoption and IFRS for private entities. Listen to their responses in this short four-minute video clip.
- March 1, 2008
- IFRS Update for Audit Committees